Ever tweeted at a company? Did they reply? Tanya tweeted so consistently that she got a phone call...from her bank! Tanya and I break down passwords and multi-factor authentication, the bread and butter of security that many folks still don't get right.
Social media & website
Resources mentioned in episode
- Tanya talks about enabling MFA on Tangerine Bank, WealthSimple, and PayPal.
- Tanya wrote a blog post titled "Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)" that explains what MFA is for people who are not familiar with the term.
- The site twofactorauth.org is a community maintained database of which sites support 2FA and which do not.
- Conor built an open-source browser extension called 2FA Notifier, which alerts you anytime you visit a site that is known to support 2FA and helps you enable it.
- During Microsoft Ignite 2018, Azure shared that adoption rate of MFA among admins was only 1.7%. “The rate increased from 0.7% in 2017 to 1.7% in 2018. Yes, it doubled, but it is still terrible.”
- Tanya mentioned Jessy Irwin’s mantra “If you liked it, then you should have put some crypto on it” and multi-Raptor authentication.
You can find the host of The All Things Auth Podcast on Twitter @conorgil.
Canonical URL: https://allthingsauth.com/podcast/009-tanya-janca-of-microsoft.