Hi, there! I'm Conor and I run All Things Auth.
You'll find me speaking at tech events, conferences, and meetups around the country, usually on topics related to keeping user accounts safe from evil doers. Lately, I've been talking quite a bit about two factor authentication (2FA).
Below is a list of my previous and upcoming events with a few testimonials of nice things that folks have said about my talks.
If you were in the audience for any of my talks (or watch the online recording) I would really appreciate your feedback so that I can improve my talks! Just one or two sentences would be really useful and it can be anonymous.
Join my email list and I'll let you know anytime I post video, audio, or slides from my talks!
March 30, 2023 - UC Berkeley School of Information
- "Security and Privacy Failures in Popular TOTP Apps"
August 7, 2020 - Who Are You?! Adventures in Authentication Workshop (WAY)
- "On Conducting Systematic Security and Privacy Analyses of TOTP 2FA Apps"
- Conference - Slides, Paper
April 2020 - Hot Topics in the Science of Security (HoTSoS)
- "Decentralized Backup & Recovery of TOTP Secrets"
- Conference - Video, Slides, Poster, Poster Abstract
August 13, 2019 - SOUPS 2019
- "Wait, that site supports 2FA?! Helping average internet users enable 2FA on sites they visit"
October 30, 2018 - Brooklyn, NYC
- "Introducing: 2FA Notifier"
June 21, 2018 - Philadelphia
- "Shared Responsibility Model: why and how to choose the right 2FA implementation"
- Meetup - Audio & Slides - Slides Only
"Conor gave a fantastic presentation on the basics of 2 Factor Authentication at the Secure Shell Meetup/Cloud Security Alliance - Delaware Valley combined meeting. His explanations, visuals, and illustrations of the security, pros, and cons of the various methods, were superb! Even though I consider myself pretty skilled in authentication and authorization, I enjoyed the talk, and subsequent discussion. His breadth and depth of knowledge about the topic was impressive. His willingness to listen, answer questions, and even admit a lack of knowledge in certain circumstances, was even more refreshing! Conor is a great presenter, a knowledgeable professional, and a friendly gentleman. Always a pleasure!"
- Joshua Marpet
COO/Founder, Red Lion
June 5, 2018 - Chicago
- "Effective 2FA - Part 1: the technical stuff"
May 17 - Atlantic City
April 12, 2018 - Washington D.C.
"Conor gave what I would call a simply fantastic technical (yet very accessible) talk on two-factor authentication. If you are ever looking for speakers, reach out and see if he is available!"
- Steven Weber
Director - Isaac L. Auerbach Cybersecurity Institute